Are you having problems with your browser’s website opening in new tabs? Have you tried these steps to stop websites from opening new tabs in your favorite browser?
Well, we’ve also experimented with various methods to block websites from opening new tabs in Firefox or Chrome browser. As a result, we’ll give you a step-by-step instruction guide on how to do it yourself. But before that don’t you want to know what causes those unsolicited pop-ups. Well, the pop-ups might appear as there are very high chances of your PC being infected with tricky malware.
These types of malware can also put your personal files & pc health at risk and they should be checked immediately. You can also read this detailed article on how to remove shortcut virus from PC, USB, and HDD here. Some of the malware are found to delete, corrupt files, and sometimes messes with your system’s hard drive.
So, let us now continue on our guide on how to stop websites from opening new tabs in chrome, Firefox here!
How to Stop Websites From Opening New Tabs on Google Chrome
To prevent websites from opening new tabs on chrome (version 90.0.4), follow these simple steps below:
- Launch Google Chrome, click on three-dot at the top right corner of your browser.
- Next, select settings. Now, click on Privacy & Settings on the left side of the window.
- On the next page click on Site Settings.
- Now, under the site settings option, click on pop-ups & redirects under the Content tab.
So, this is how you can stop google chrome to open new tabs or pops ups in the latest version by using google chrome features to block new tabs on chrome.
Stop websites from opening on Firefox Automatically (version 88.0)
Sometimes, pop-ups may appear automatically without user consent. They appear in different sizes but won’t cover the entire screen. But in Mozilla Firefox, the pop-ups might appear on the top of the window as well as the bottom of the window.
However, the Firefox browser automatically blocks pop-up as it is enabled by default. You can opt to disable it if you do not want to prevent certain sites from showing pop-ups.
On top of that, Firefox also displays an icon pop or information bar whenever it block websites from opening new tabs in Firefox.
There are certain cases where you don’t want the browser to block pop-ups such as banking sites, you can easily add a specific website that is allowed to show pop-ups in the browser, check how to add sites in the allowed list of Firefox pop-up blocker:
Pop-up blocker settings on Firefox
Firstly you need to access the pop-up blocker in Firefox to prevent pop ups:
- Click on three straight lines on the top right side of the Firefox browser.
- Now, click on Options.
- A new window will open, here select Privacy & Security.
- Now, scroll down to the Permission section, and uncheck the box to disable pop-up blocker on Firefox.
- Once done that, click on the Exceptions button, beside the block pop-up windows. A new dialog box will open asking for the Address of the website.
- Enter the address of all the possible websites that you want to allow pop-ups from.
- When you are done adding website lists click on Save Changes to complete the process.
With the help of the steps above, you will now be able to stop websites from opening new tabs in firefox browser.
How to Stop Websites From Opening New Tabs in Safari?
First of all, you should check safari browser settings by following the steps below:
- To start with it, you have to toggle Block Pop-Ups in General Settings and Disable Website Tracking in Privacy & Security and enable the Do Not Track and Fraudulent Website Warning options in Safari browser Setting.
- Now in the 2nd step, you will have to enable the Block Cookies option in Safari settings.
Note: Blocking cookies might make some websites unusable. However, you can easily restore the settings back.
So, this concludes the detailed tutorials on how to stop websites from opening new tabs in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It was done on the updated version of the popular browsers. If you found this article helpful do share it with your friends and let them know how they can easily stop websites from opening new tabs.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h2″ question-0=”How do I stop Chrome from opening new tabs automatically?” answer-0=”First of all Launch Google Chrome 1. Now, Click on three-dot in top right corner and select Settings. 2. Head over to Site Settings. 3. Here, select pop-ups & Redirects under the content tab” image-0=”” headline-1=”h2″ question-1=”How do I stop Chrome from opening multiple tabs?” answer-1=”If the above-mentioned steps somehow didn’t work, you can try clearing cache & cookies. Or you can prevent automatic tabs opening with AdLock.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h2″ question-2=”How do I stop websites from opening new tabs in Safari?” answer-2=”First, check Safari Settings, Step 1: Open Settings, scroll down and choose Safari. Toggle on on Block/ Disable Pop-Ups option Step 2: In the Settings section, Block Cookies to stop link from opening in new tab.” image-2=”” headline-3=”h2″ question-3=”How do I stop new tabs from opening in Chrome?” answer-3=”Uninstall all unnecessary extensions, if possible try reinstalling the chrome browser or you can switch to chrome alternatives to prevent websites from opening new tabs chrome” image-3=”” headline-4=”h2″ question-4=”How to block sites from opening new tabs?” answer-4=”At the end you can use a powerful pop-up blocker to stop websites opening new tabs in chrome, safari, or switch to Brave browser that automatically blocks all the scripts and pop-ups” image-4=”” count=”5″ html=”true” css_class=””]