Have you ever wanted to watch Netflix with friends from any place? Are your relative or friend is in another country or town and you want to watch Netflix together with them In this article, I’ll guide you on how to watch movies together online.
Netflix is one of the top-rated online streaming services to watch movies, TV series, and a lot more things. On this platform, you can watch every new video and series because it is one of the best streaming websites which provides you with almost every movie and TV show.
It also gives you the option of using the app version of this website, which means you can watch TV shows and movies on your smartphone. Here is how to watch Netflix with friends online.
Watch Netflix with Friends Online with Chrome Extension
You can use Netflix Party by just using a chrome browser extension that lets you stream Netflix movies/ shows with your friends and family online. Nowadays, social distancing has made several people miss group activities like watching movies together with friends.
But now, there’s a way to do it online. There’s a Google Chrome extension that lets you watch movies together as well as chat with your friends at the same time. The extension name is Netflix party; you can look it on the google chrome web store.
Download NetflixParty Extension
1. Go to Netflixparty.com
2. Now install it by clicking on Add to Chrome.
Steps to Use Netflix party
Log in to your Netflix account and select a tv-show or movie you and your friends want to watch.
- Play the movie or tv show of your choice
- Now click on the red NP icon located near the address bar.
- Click on the Start Party button and share the URL to invite your friends to watch movies together online from the comfort of your home.
Creating a Netflix Party Invite URL
The working of Netflix Party is pretty simple; you just need to pick shows you would like to watch with friends. Netflix Party automatically syncs movie playback across all the individual accounts.
- Now, in the top right corner, click on the “NP“ icon and copy the link, and share it with your friend.
- When your friend opens the Netflix party URL, the same movie will start streaming on their computer.
Keep in mind, if you pause the video on one end Netflix Party pauses it on the other end as well. The extension also allows you two to chat while watching your favorite movies/ tv-shows in real-time.
Moreover, if you want to watch Netflix on an Android or iOS device follow the steps below:
Apps to Watch Netflix Together with Friends Online
There are different apps that allow you to watch Netflix together, but I’m going to list down those I use and prefer, You should definitely try Rave & TWOSEVER, as it lets you sync and stream Netflix and many other services with your remote friends.
And, if you’re wondering whether you can use the same account to watch Netflix or not, the answer is yes. You can use Netflix party with the shared account, and it should work fine.
You can easily watch movies and tv shows together with your friends online by using an app called Rave.
- Once downloaded launch the app and signup or log in to Rave
- Tap on the (+) icon to either create or join Rave
- Now you will be taken to the next screen where you’ll find lots of options like Netflix, Youtube, Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
- Click on Netflix and then you will be taken to the Netflix app, Now you can select movies/ tv-shows.
- Click on the Play button and share the video URL with your friends or family on WhatsApp or any other messaging platform.
- Now, your friend needs to open the link on the “Rave” app (NOTE: – Your friend needs to log in to their NetFlix account).
After the Rave, TWOSEVEN is the another alternative to Netflix party that enables you to watch Netflix together online with friends; it supports Amazon, YouTube, Netflix, HBO Max, Vimeo, Apple TV, and more. Apart from that, you can also upload files of movies that you’d like to watch with your friends online.
7 Websites to Watch Netflix Together with Long Distance Friends
Below is the list of free platforms that you can use to watch Netflix movies and tv shows online with your long-distance friends:
- Teleparty – Teleparty aka Netflix Party is a free chrome extension that you can use to stream movies online.
- TwoSeven – If you didn’t like the UI of Teleparty then you can surely go for TwoSeven which is one such alternative that works perfectly for watching movies.
- Rave – Rave is one such online platform that lets you chat in realtime while watching movies with friends online
- Rabbit – Rabbit is a social networking platform that allowed users to share screens and stream movies and chat with friends.
- Watch2Gether – If you are looking for a one-stop solution for streaming online shows from Youtube, Vimeo, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney with your friends.
- Kast – It is two in one app that lets you hang out with friends online and you can also share videos.
- Scener – Scener is also a free extension that lets you watch/ stream movies from different platforms with friends.
So these were the list of the best apps that can be used to watch movies with friends. Also if you are interested in knowing about the release date of the Kashmir Files and where you can watch it, do check out our article on it.
The coolest thing about the Rave is that it can play the video in the background as well. Both for Netflix and YouTube. And if your device is running Android 8.0, then it’ll play picture in picture view as well. At last, the chrome extension to watch movies online together does what it says and has one of the brilliant UI.
Netflix Watch Together FAQs
How to watch Netflix together on zoom?
While on a zoom call, play a movie or tv show on Netflix and click on the share screen. Make sure you have enabled your computer sound.
Is it possible to watch Netflix together?
Netflix Party lets you watch Netflix with others online. It syncs video and adds group chat to your favorite Netflix shows.
How do you join a party on Netflix?
To join Netflix Party, download the extension from the Chrome Web Store. Open your Invite URL and click on the red NP button next to the address bar.