If you are wondering How to download and play Fortnite on Chromebook? For someone new to Fortnite, it is an addictive free multiplayer game where different players compete and collaborate.
Recently, the gaming community got a surprise from the game developers as they announced Captain America’s arrival in the game. This is why the gaming community is now more excited about the game. As you know, Fortnite is a popular first-person shooter game and is only available for Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. However, Fortnite is not officially available for Chromebook machines or any other Linux distributions.
However, nothing is impossible in this 21st century. The answer to your questions is Yes, you can install and play Fortnite on Chromebook. Let’s start with a step-by-step guide on how to download Fortnite on Chromebook, and then we can continue installing Fortnite on Chromebook.
Play Fortnite on Chromebook
In this article, I will walk you through the steps on how to install and play Fortnite on Chromebook Operating System. These steps won’t take you long to install Fortnite on Chromebook machines.
Enable Developer or Recovery Mode on your Chromebook
First of all, we will install APK on our Chromebook OS. If you haven’t installed any external apk on your Chromebook, you might get one of those prompts to prevent installing an external app that you used to get on Android devices. So to get rid of the prompt, we will have to Enable Developer mode on Chromebook.
Note: When you enable Developer Mode, it will erase your account/ local data from the device. So, take a backup before proceeding with the steps below:-
- Turn Off Chromebook.
- Press and hold ESC + Refresh Key to boot Chromebook in Recovery mode.
- Some Chromebooks have a dedicated recovery button on their sides (Use a paper clip to press the button).
- If prompted, insert a recovery media; press CTRL + D to continue.
- Your Chromebook will boot into recovery mode in few minutes.
Setting up your Chromebook for Fortnite Game
To setup Chromebook for Fortnite and other games, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Launch Settings menu by clicking on Time and Battery information on the bottom-right screen.
- To Open settings, click on Gear icon.
- Click on Apps then, turn on Install apps & games from Google PlayStore to allow your Chromebook to install applications.
However, if your Chromebook has Google PlayStore, you don’t need to do Step 3 to set up your Chromebook for Fortnite Game. And, if your Chromebook doesn’t have Google PlayStore installed by default and can’t find button to turn on. Check if your Chromebook is up to date. If none of the above works, there are high chances your Chromebook doesn’t support Android applications.
Downloading Fortnite on Chromebook
Now, after preparing Chromebook for Fortnite, we will download and install Fortnite. To do so, follow the steps as shown below:
- Open fortnite.com/android on your favorite browser.
- The above link will choose the compatible version of Fortnite for Chromebook computer.
- Click on download button if you don’t find your device listed there. You will have to download Epic Games APK via android phone and then transfer it via USB to Chromebook.
- Double Click on Epic Games APK file, and you will see a warning prompt. To install, click on the Continue button.
Suggested – Learn to Install iTunes on Chromebook
Play Fortnite on Chromebook
Once done installing the Epic Games application on our Chromebook. Now, it’s time to start playing Fortnite on Chromebook.
- Launch the Epic Games App on your Chromebook.
- Look for Fortnite in Epic Games and click on Install.
That’s it. Start Playing Fortnite on Chromebook and collaborate with your friends. If you find this article helpful, do share it with your friends & family.