If you are wondering How to download and play Fortnite on Chromebook? For someone new to Fortnite, it is an addictive free multiplayer game where different players compete and collaborate.
Recently, the gaming community got a surprise from the game developers as they announced Captain America’s arrival in the game. This is why the gaming community is now more excited about the game. As you know, Fortnite is a popular first-person shooter game and is only available for Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. However, Fortnite is not officially available for Chromebook machines or any other Linux distributions. Also, get step by step guide on how to install WhatsApp on a Chromebook computer.
However, nothing is impossible in this 21st century. The answer to your questions is Yes, you can install and play Fortnite on Chromebook. Let’s start with a step-by-step guide on how to download Fortnite on Chromebook, and then we can continue installing Fortnite on Chromebook.
Play Fortnite on Chromebook
In this article, I will walk you through the steps on how to install and play Fortnite on Chromebook Operating System. Moreover, if you are looking for other games like Fortnite you can check the linked article here! These steps won’t take you long to install Fortnite on Chromebook machines.
Enable Developer or Recovery Mode on your Chromebook
First of all, we will install APK on our Chromebook OS. If you haven’t installed any external apk on your Chromebook, you might get one of those prompts to prevent installing an external app that you used to get on Android devices. So to get rid of the prompt, we will have to Enable Developer mode on Chromebook.
Note: When you enable Developer Mode, it will erase your account/ local data from the device. So, take a backup before proceeding with the steps below:-
- Turn Off Chromebook.
- Press and hold ESC + Refresh Key to boot Chromebook in Recovery mode.
- Some Chromebooks have a dedicated recovery button on their sides (Use a paper clip to press the button).
- If prompted, insert a recovery media; press CTRL + D to continue.
- Your Chromebook will boot into recovery mode in few minutes.
Also, check detailed steps on how to install Minecraft on Chromebook easily in 2022 here!
Setting up your Chromebook for Fortnite Game
To setup Chromebook for Fortnite and other games, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Launch Settings menu by clicking on Time and Battery information on the bottom-right screen.
- To Open settings, click on Gear icon.
- Click on Apps then, turn on Install apps & games from Google PlayStore to allow your Chromebook to install applications.
However, if your Chromebook has Google PlayStore, you don’t need to do Step 3 to set up your Chromebook for Fortnite Game. And, if your Chromebook doesn’t have Google PlayStore installed by default and can’t find button to turn on. Check if your Chromebook is up to date. If none of the above works, there are high chances your Chromebook doesn’t support Android applications.
Also, check steps on how to split screen on Chromebook for doing multi-tasking. Check the linked article here!
How to Download Fortnite on Chromebook?
Now, after preparing Chromebook for Fortnite, we will download and install Fortnite. To do so, follow the steps as shown below:
- Open fortnite.com/android on your favorite browser.
- The above link will choose the compatible version of Fortnite for Chromebook computer.
- Click on download button if you don’t find your device listed there. You will have to download Epic Games APK via android phone and then transfer it via USB to Chromebook.
- Double Click on Epic Games APK file, and you will see a warning prompt. To install, click on the Continue button.
Note: Now, the Epic game apk is installed and now we can continue on our steps on how to play Fortnite on Chromebook. Also, check our detailed guide on how to Install iTunes on Chromebook device.
Play Fortnite on Chromebook
Once done installing the Epic Games application on our Chromebook. Now, it’s time to start playing Fortnite on Chromebook.
- Launch the Epic Games App on your Chromebook.
- Look for Fortnite in Epic Games and click on Install.
Suggested: Know Possible reasons why the Fortnite game crashes on your PC and steps on How do I fix Fortnite crashing here!
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
How do you play Fortnite on Chromebook 2022?
To play Fortnite on Chromebook in 2022 you need to follow simple steps.
- Before you start playing Fortnite on your Chromebook you need to Sign up for a GeForce Now account.
- Now, Add Fortnite to your Nvidea GeForce Now Library. [Note: You are almost ready for playing Fortnite on Chromebook PC.]
- Now, click on Start a Session button from your GeForce library.
- Select Fortnite and then click on the Play button.
How to Play Fortnite without Downloading and GeForce Now?
In order to play Fortnite without downloading you need to install two applications on your device. The 1st app is a VPN, and the 2nd one is Nvidia Games. Follow the steps below to play Fortnite without downloading it on your phone.
Step 1: Open VPN and connect to the USA.
Step 2: Launch the NVIDIA Games app and it will analyze your network speed.
Step 3: Once the speed test is complete, click on the Continue button.
Step 4: Now, login to your account using any of the options listed.
Step 5: Once logged in search for Fortnite and Add it to your library.
Step 6: Now launch the app using NVIDIA Games.
Note: You can only play Fortnite without downloading for 1 hour daily using this method.
That’s it. Start Playing Fortnite on Chromebook Now and collaborate with your friends. If you find this article helpful, do share it with your friends & family.