In this post, I’ll walk you through how to create a subdomain in GoDaddy (2022)? This is one of the most straightforward step-by-step guides to follow. You will also know about What is a subdomain?
Before diving into How to create subdomain GoDaddy, at first, we are going to look at What is a Domain & What is a Subdomain?
How to Create a Subdomain in Godaddy?
There are two different ways to add subdomain GoDaddy:
- Creating a subdomain in Godaddy using cPanel.
- Add Godaddy subdomain using DNS.
Create Subdomain Godaddy using cPanel
Check steps on How to add subdomain in Godaddy using cPanel, at first you need to get website hosting plan for your domain.
- Go to GoDaddy’s Official Website and log in.
- Click on drop-down button next to your Godaddy profile name.
- Now, click on My Products.
- Here, you will find your Hosting plan, Click on “Manage”.
- Here, you will find the Subdomain option under the Domain section.
- Click on Subdomains, and only enter your subdomain name.
- Click on the Create button. Your subdomain is now ready.
Using this above step by step method, you can now create your subdomain easily. Check the best free web hosting for your website if you are starting out.
Use Godaddy Add Subdomain DNS to Create subdomain in without hosting
If you want to add subdomain using DNS for your Blogspot website, then you can use this DNS method to create a subdomain using DNS.
- Login to your Godaddy account.
- Go to My Products > DNS Management of your desired domain.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the Add button to add a new record.
- Select A from Type, and in TTL type in 10800 seconds.
- Enter your subdomain name to add subdomain DNS, and click on Save.
- You successfully create a subdomain on Godaddy.
Using this above step, you know now how to add subdomain in godaddy without hosting.
What is a Subdomain?
As you might be aware of domain and domain name, so here we will talk about what is a subdomain – a subdomain is a subset or part of a domain (for example – “techycoder.com” it is a domain, and you can name your subdomain anything you want like “news.techycoder.com” or “tools.techycoder.com“.
A full domain name includes these two components: Top-level Domain (TLD) and a Second-level Domain (SLD). Let us get started with how to create a subdomain on GoDaddy.
Now you know how to create a subdomain in GoDaddy with and without a hosting plan. If you have any doubts about creating a subdomain Godaddy, do let us know in the comment below. And if you like this blog post, do share it with your friends.
How do I setup a subdomain in GoDaddy?
First of all login into your GoDaddy account and select your domain name. Now, click on Manage DNS under additional settings. Select A from the drop-down menu. Enter all details and click on Save.
How many subdomains can be created GoDaddy?
You can create as many as 500 subdomains in GoDaddy. Moreover, you can create multiple levels of subdomains like – info.blog.yoursite.com.
Can I point a domain name to a subdomain?
Definitely, you can point a domain name to a subdomain by changing the CNAME / ALIAS record.