There are times when using the internet; some of you might encounter the Internet suddenly randomly drops every few minutes. If you also faced this Internet Keeps Dropping issue on your device, then in this article, I’ll tell you Why does my internet keeps dropping? And how to fix Internet Connection Drops?
An internet that keeps dropping unexpectedly for no apparent reasons can be very frustrating.
Read below how you can quickly fix Wi-Fi keeps dropping or Internet connection that keeps dropping without restarting all your devices.
Reasons Why Internet Keeps Dropping
If you have encountered a similar internet connection keeps dropping, there are multiple reasons why your router keeps dropping internet:
- You are connected to a bad Wi-Fi connection.
- There might be an issue with your ISP’s infrastructure.
- Network adapter drivers are outdated.
- You might be using a defective cable for your modem/router.
- Wi-Fi hotspot power is insufficient.
- There may be radio interference with your wireless network signal.
- If your modem keeps dropping internet, it may be because you are connected to an overloaded wireless connection.
Note:- But, what to do when only your computer internet randomly drops and not other devices, and the internet drops every few minutes. In such cases, check if your PC has any possible hardware failures or issues with network adapter drivers.
How to Fix Router Keeps Dropping Internet
The Internet continually dropping or my internet keeps going out isn’t an uncommon problem reported by internet users. Below are some of the potential fixes that you can try to fix your modem keeps dropping internet connection issues:
- Try restarting your router, computer, and smartphone and check if the internet keeps going in and out.
- Update your network adapter drivers by checking the manufacture’s website.
- Move your device closer to the router and check again.
- Check if the wired internet connection keeps dropping.
- If you are on a public Wi-Fi connection, check whether it’s asking you to log in again to the same network.
If you have followed the steps mentioned above and still haven’t found a solution, I suggest you observe your network activity whenever your wifi connection drops internet connection.
Ultimately, you can do contact your ISP about how your Internet Keeps dropping every few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Check Internet Connection is dropping?
To check, if your Internet drops randomly, you need to restart your router to see if the LAN connection is working fine or it is limited.
Why does my internet connection keep dropping?
The issue of the internet constantly dropping can be caused due to overheating the modem, or it may also happen because of corrupt windows system files.
Finding the exact cause Why Internet Keeps Dropping may take some time, but the plus point is when you find it, you won’t need to troubleshoot for the same problems again.
Hopefully, this How to Fix Internet Keeps Dropping Easily guide has helped you find out why your laptop or computer loses internet connection; after reading through this article, please leave a comment, and I’ll try to get back to ASAP as I can.